Thursday, December 14, 2006

Crib Security

My dad posted a comment about the side of the crib looking like it wouldn't swing out. There's a story there...

When I was in my crib one night, my parents heard this thump and then me crying. Dad ran in to find me on the floor against the back wall. He picked me up, made sure I was ok, then put me back in bed. A little while later, another thump and me crying. He ran in again and this time caught the back side of the crib swinging. Apparently, I was a bouncer and a rocker and had managed to bounce and rock the bolts on the stationary (back) side of the crib loose. So, when I rolled over in my sleep... I fell out of the bed!

Lesson learned: Check the bolts and screws on a regular basis!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

As I recall, it wasn't until the third bump in the night that your Daddy saw the back side of the crib swinging. And don't forget that when you rolled out the bed, you slid down the wall, over the baseboard heater (metal one, at that) and then kissed the floor. And not a scrape or a bruise to show for all that trouble! Weren't you a blessed baby?

Grandmama' Becca

Post a Comment