Wednesday, April 04, 2007

32-Week Checkup

Yesterday morning I had my 32-week checkup. All looks good. I've still only gained 15 pounds. I am glad that I've not put on more weight than that. With 8 weeks to go, I know I will gain more, but it's still less I have to lose after the baby is born. My doctor documented in my chart that I am not opposed to having an epidural and also that I plan on breastfeeding. I guess it's good that it's in my chart in case there's a question while I'm in the hospital. I'm on the 2-week checkup routine for the next two visits and then I'll be down to every week. It's hard to believe that my due date is so close. I knew the time would go by quickly, but I didn't realize it would be this fast!

We wrapped up our childbirth and breastfeeding classes last week. I am kind of glad because the schedule was getting hectic; but, I am also a little overwhelmed by all the information. Thankfully, we got lots of handouts and materials to go back and read over which will help us I'm sure. Of course, I haven't gotten into any of it yet! But, that is going to be part of my evening routine for the remainder of my pregnancy.

My dad continues to improve. He is getting stronger each day - we are just trying to be sure he doesn't do too much. He came and spent some time at our house last night while my mom did some work for their church. He walked on our treadmill for a few minutes and then we watched part of the Dancing With the Stars results show. I missed the last section or two, but discovered this morning that, of course, Shandi was booted off. I think it's sad since she could actually dance.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

yes i agree with you about Shandi! what were they thinking???
we are so glad Earnie is going to be alright after the heart surgery. now you continue take good care of yourself and the baby and have a great happy birthday tomorrow. happy birthday to you - - -happy birthday to you - - - - - -

Post a Comment