Oh yea! My baby slept all night last night. And all night means all night.. not just 5 or 6 hours like he's been doing. From 10 to 6! And, I had to wake him this morning at 6! While I realize this may not yet be the start of continually sleeping through the night, it is good to know that he can do it. And, praise the Lord, his diaper didn't leak. An even bigger "praise the Lord" if it is the start of all-night-sleeping. We'll find out tonight!
Samuel is now 11 weeks old and starting to really have a lot of fun during his wake time. He smiles contagiously and has even begun giggling a little. Papa has a way of tickling him that can get him going. And Mommy's face in the belly or on his thigh usually works too. Of course, Daddy's big smile and conversation always makes Samuel smile.
He has begun pulling himself up to a more erect sitting position if he is reclined (in the bathtub or his car seat). His neck is strong enough to hold his head up very well for several minutes. He loves his mobile and will talk the animals as they go by. We think the zebra is his favorite. He doesn't grasp toys well yet, but he does like to grab his blanket or burp cloth.
I'm pleased to report that he does not protest against the breast after a day of bottle sucking. I was a little concerned about that, but I am so glad that he switches between the two without an apparent problem.
I've begun bathing him every night. Even though he doesn't really need it, he does enjoy baths and I'm trying to establish a bedtime routine. I especially like massaging him with lotion after the bath. It's my favorite time to talk and sing to him and to really love on him like Mommy's love to do.
1 comment:
I'm so proud that Samuel already slept all night! Even if he takes a while to start doing it routinely, he is definitely on the right track. What wonderful news!
Post a Comment