Well, another month has come and gone. April was full of many wonderful things from Samuel. Another tooth, saying "Mama", and the biggie: WALKING! Yes, my child is walking. He started taking steps right when he turned 10 months and he's built up every day since. He walks almost like a pro now. He can change direction without missing a beat. He's 11 months old (as of yesterday) and acting like he's 2!
He recognizes so many words, waves bye-bye and hi, and eats just about anything he wants now. He really likes Elmo these days - especially the "Hokey-Pokey Elmo". He's hilarious bouncing around to music. He pushes his high chair around the room and he loves to push doors back and forth - smart thing - he knows to watch out for his fingers!
My favorite thing of all I think is to see him smile... anytime but particularly in his sleep. It is such a blessing to know he is having sweet dreams. Right next to that would be when he reaches his little arms around my neck and puts his head on my shoulder. The world could stop and I wouldn't notice when he does that.
I wish we could freeze time more easily than taking video or a picture. It's so hard to remember what he was like at one month, two months, etc. I am enjoying every stage of his development, and I have to remind myself to cherish each moment. They all go by so quickly. Tomorrow, he will be doing something new. I often say I wish I had a camera mounted in my head so that I could easily record the funny times, the sweet times, the joyful times. By the time you grab a camera, he's moved on from the cute thing to something else. And tomorrow, that thing he laughed at hilariously today won't be nearly as funny.
BUT - I know that there will be MANY more hilarious moments to come. MANY more giggles and cackles and out-right belly laughs. MANY more smiles and grins. MANY more funny faces. MANY more puzzles to solve. MANY more gibberish-phrases to decipher. MANY, MANY, MANY more hugs and kisses... The LORD is good!
No comments:
Post a Comment