Monday, June 14, 2010

Samuel is a Cut-Up

Before I get to Samuel's little cute stuff... today's design (palm trees) is in honor of the hubby being in Orlando, Florida this week.

Granna is here helping me with Samuel... taking him to school and picking him up, helping with laundry and meals... basically filling in for Kris. :) Such fun!

Yesterday, Samuel and Granna were coloring with markers and she told him that one of the markers was the color 'Plum'. Later that day, we were talking about opposites and she asked him what the opposite of skinny was. (Not sure where that came from...) Me, trying to find a polite answer told Samuel to say 'plump'. He said, "Plump, like the marker!" It was funny at the time.

While they were coloring, I was trying to tell Granna something and Samuel kept trying to interrupt. We've been working with him, trying to get him to say, "Excuse me" when adults are talking... Anyway, that wasn't working too good yesterday. So, Granna finally stopped and said to him that Mama was talking and he was too and she couldn't listen to both of us at the same time. She said, "Who should I listen to?" He said quite simply, "Me."

Samuel has gotten back into his Alphabooks. He likes to read the letters of the words and then say the word like he's reading. (He really knows the word from the picture.) I'm very fond of this approach... perhaps it will sink in this way. He already says "puppy" when he gets to the "dog" page, then spells "dog" and realizes the word is not "puppy" but "dog"... although he usually says "doggie".

In other news, I am 4 1/2 months pregnant (20 weeks). Next week, we go for the ultrasound to learn the gender of the baby. We are excited about this transition into the last half of the pregnancy. A little overwhelmed still, but it is becoming more and more fun. I feel the baby move every day and that helps a LOT. It will be better when the movements are bigger and can be felt from the outside so Samuel and Kris can feel them. That always seems to make it more of a reality for the men. :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is so good to hear from you and your wonderful world. It is so hard to believe that Samuel is trying to read. God has truly blessed you all.

love, Robin

Andi said...

Laura, I haven't checked in on your blog in a long time, and I'm so glad I did tonight. Congratulations on your pregnancy! I can't believe Samuel is already three years old, and I'm so happy to hear you are going to have another little one. I'll keep checking back for more updates. Hope you are all doing well!

Post a Comment