Tuesday, December 26, 2006

18 Weeks

We are now at the 18 week mark. I am still feeling very well. I had a checkup today. Kris was able to go with me and hear the heartbeat. We took the video camera and Kris filmed the doctor finding the heartbeat. It was a very distinct heartbeat, and although she didn't tell me how many beats per minute, it was a very strong rhythm. I wished I could've filmed Kris' face because that was the first time he heard the heartbeat. He had such a big grin on his face.

Other measurements were good. I have not gained any weight since last month which confuses me a little bit. But, I think the time of day and whether or not I've eaten has a lot to do with it.

I've been feeling the fluttering of the baby for about a week. It's really interesting. I always wondered what it would feel like. I can't wait for it to get stronger. Already though, it's strong enough that I can feel some kicks and movements from outside. Kris even felt a kick the other morning. We're really looking forward to the stronger movements - the ones you can see.

On another front, Christmas has come and gone. It is so hard to believe! Seems like just yesterday it was Christmas last year. We had a good Christmas though. We were with our family and had plenty of good food and fun. We also received a few gifts for the baby for which I am thankful. We have a pack-and-play, a monitor system, an ear thermometer, and a set that we can use to hear the baby's heartbeat. It says it usually won't work well until later in the pregnancy, but I will be pulling it out often to try. It also has the capability to record the heartbeat - I am really looking forward to that.

Next month we will go back to the doctor to see the baby and hopefully find out the gender of the baby. I can't wait for Kris to see it. It's such a miracle. I am totally in awe of the pregnancy process. It's such a joy. I thank the Lord every day for this gift.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

This adventure is getting more and more exciting for me. I recognize how gracious and loving our Father is by blessing us and trusting us with this precious gift-the life of a child.

This may sound a little silly, but I just realized today that I will be honored as a father on Father's Day, 2007. I almost yelled it out at Laura when the thought dawned on me! What a blessing. What a miracle. What a God!

Anonymous said...

The "anonymous" writer on the first comment posted here is obviously me!

This blogging stuff is all new to me, so please forgive my goof.

Anonymous said...

*this blogging stuff is new to me too, but here i go (trying to be a modern woman, ha!).
*yes kris will get to have a wonderful father's day this year and laura will have to wait until next year for mother's day.
*that just doesn't seem right; sorry laura,however it is what it is!
*baby furniture is not one of my fields of knowledge since i never had to buy any, but the crib yall picked out looks real nice.
*before you know it yall will be picking out a car!!! oh i know it seems like a long, long time off now, but believe me the time will fly by.
*take care and lots of love, janice

Post a Comment