Monday, March 19, 2007

30-Week Updates

It's been two weeks since my last post, but I feel like it's been much longer than that. There's been a lot going on, and I should've been more diligent to post.

I guess I will start with childbirth classes. The first class was just like a lecture. We received a LOT of information, too much to absorb in one 2 1/2 hour session. But, it was all good and beneficial. The second class was more interactive as we practiced breathing techniques and ways to ease back pain. Thankfully, I've not had back pain, but it is good to know about the double-hip squeeze. :) We watched a vaginal delivery video also. Tonight will be our 3rd class. We are supposed to watch a C-section video.

I also started breastfeeding classes. I guess you guys can skip this paragraph... The first class was much like the first childbirth class - lots of info and not much interaction. During the second class, we practiced positions and learned how to swaddle. It's encouraging to know that breastfeeding is NOT supposed to make my nipples sore. I have prayed that Samuel and I get the hang of it quickly so that I am not unsure about it when we get home.

I had my second baby shower yesterday. It was really nice and I was pleased with all the gifts and seeing my friends and family. My dear friend, Robin, from Pearl, MS came up for this shower and it was so nice to see her!
Also, my aunt and cousin from Winona drove over. I was so happy to see them since it's been TOO long since I had. The hostesses of this shower bought us the Graco travel system. I am very happy to have that - mostly because it means that now I can get the baby home from the hospital! :)

I am planning on creating a page that lists everything I've received and purchased and possibly links to pictures of them. Hopefully it will be up soon. I'm also looking into using an online picture album. If it goes like I think it will, I will post a link soon, so you can see the shower pictures and whatever else I decide to upload.

We also took another picture of my belly last night, and I hope to get it up today. This will be my 30-week picture. I feel like I look as big as some women who are ready to deliver, but I am not complaining. I know everyone is different. I was glad to hear someone say yesterday that she could not tell I had gained weight anywhere except my belly. That always makes a pregnant girl feel good!

My next doctor's appointment is tomorrow morning. I have to drink another Coke to have the diabetes test done again. Fun! Fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment