We have settled on a name for our little bambino. He will be Samuel Bryant. We will call him Samuel, not Sam or Sammy or any other abbreviated version of the name.
The Lord spoke Samuel into my heart months ago - before we even knew our baby was a boy from the sonogram in January. Samuel means "asked of God" or "heard of God". I believe this is a significant name - the exact one Father God wants him to have. He will be a child who knows God and hears His voice. Not because I say so, but because the Lord God has declared it by giving him that name. Bryant is a name I ran across in a baby name book that we both liked. It means "strong".
Of course, there is always a possibility (however slight it may be) that the baby is really a girl. If so, her name will be Emma Claire.
I had my first baby shower yesterday. We received many gifts - all of which we needed. It was such a joy to see so many friends. We are really appreciative to everyone for all the gifts and kind words given. We recognize the Lord is blessing us!
This weekend I passed the 28 week mark. I think there are somewhere around 80 days left in this pregnancy. I still feel really well. God has been so good to me! Other than being tuckered out more easily, I have been having an easy time. We start childbirth classes tonight. That should be interesting. Hopefully, there will be something interesting to report on that tomorrow.
1 comment:
Hey!! I love the name Samuel. I was considering naming Nathan, Samuel but Ryan didn't go for it. I miss you guys and love you so much. I give God praise for our little blessings!!
Shelia
Post a Comment