Once again, I cannot believe how old MY baby is. It seems like yesterday I was carrying him in my belly. Now, he's "up and at it", growing big and strong, spends much more time awake, and has been "talking" to us for about two weeks now. He gives huge smiles and coos quite loudly. He sleeps in 3 to 5 hour stretches at night. It is a lot of fun to watch him grow.
Baby acne appeared last week. We are sad that his beautiful complexion is temporarily interrupted, but it is temporary. Right now I'm holding him as I type and he sleeps. He is fun to watch when he sleeps. He dreams sweet dreams and smiles so big. I wish I could jump into his head and see what he sees. Sometimes, he gets so tickled and laughs in his sleep.. something we've not heard him do while he's awake.
We've had frequent visits from Granna and Papa (my parents) as well as Papaw (Kris' dad). They love to come and talk to him. He listens to all of us intently, sometimes giving us a very serious look, and sometimes talking back.
Samuel is very strong for his age. He is doing very well holding his head up, and often wants to stand on his feet. His legs are strong enough to support his weight, but he of course lacks the balance needed to stand on his own.
He has asked for his first gift.. :) He asked Uncle Chris (who works for Apple) for an iPhone. Maybe Uncle Chris will bring one when he comes to visit from New York. (just kidding!) The best gift will be Uncle Chris himself!
No comments:
Post a Comment