It sounds highly unusual, right? A few days without Samuel. It is almost like we've disowned him or something. But, no! He's spending a few days with Granna and Papa. Like a vacation for him and us. We took him up there Saturday and came home yesterday without him. It's a little weird, but I am kind of excited about it. We haven't been without him since July. Since we've had sickness for about 3 months straight, we need some extra rest! I'm hoping this will give us an opportunity to do just that.
So, last night we went to a friend's house for a bible study. It is the first time I've been to a meeting since Samuel has been born when I could actually focus on the topic and not on Samuel. Think about that... 20+ months of being in meetings where my attention has been divided. Wonder how much I've gotten out of those meetings.... pretty near nuttin'!
Tonight, we have no plans. We're going to come home after work and flop. (Maybe we'll go get something to eat... but then we're flopping!) It's going to be strangely quiet, but I am not going to complain!
I miss my little man already, but he is having a lot of fun with Granna today. They were coloring when I called him earlier.
Here's a funny... I've been saying, "Guess what".. he started saying "What?".. and I would reply "I love you." It progressed to... "Guess what"... "wuv wuv you". Now, we're up to "Guess what"... "I wuv you". Well, this morning it went like this: "Guess what"... "I wuv ME!" I cracked up! My boy is just something else!
No comments:
Post a Comment