I don't know why I picked that title... that's kind of how I feel right now... like I'm testing a microphone to see if I can hear myself or knocking on my head to see if anyone's home. Just not keeping myself on track too well today.
Anyway... I just thought I'd post a little about Samuel these days while I wait on a process to finish at work. Samuel and I have had the evenings to ourselves this week. Kris went on a trip to Jackson, so Mommy was totally in charge. Boy, did we have fun. The house was a wreck... nothing got done... I ate supper late... it was great! Samuel and I talked and talked. We giggled and cackled. We also fussed at each other some, but we were mostly happy. :)
He's begun talking in short sentences. We can actually carry on a bit of a conversation with him. One night this week, he was remembering our visit to church. He would talk about people and what they did... Mike-guitar, Betty-flag, Raymond-staff, Vickie-piano. Last night, we looked at one of his alphabet books (this one is scriptures by the alphabet), and he would tell me most of the letters correctly. We went through them in order, and then I picked pages at random. He did very well and got most of them right!
And now I remember what I wanted to write about earlier... I feel a little sad that my son knows more about "the chicken dance" than I do. I picked him up one afternoon this week, and he started saying "chicken dance". Someone told me that Ms. Jennifer and he were doing the chicken dance. We talked about the chicken dance all the way home. Of course, it's been a while since I've even thought about the chicken dance... so I couldn't really help the boy out! So, I'm kind of sad about that.
We're planning on going to see my parents this weekend. And.... we're going to leave Samuel with them for a few days. I'm glad and sad about this. We need a little break to catch up on rest. I know he will have a good time. BUT, I will miss him truckloads! It will be weird to come home and not have a toddler in the house. I plan to do as little as possible. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment