Tuesday, November 28, 2006

14 Week Checkup

I went this morning for my 14-week checkup. The highlight was getting to hear the baby's heartbeat for the first time. Those 144-146 beats per minute sounded awesome! It's such a blessing! I'd really like to have one of those machines at home so we could listen to it anytime.

I've gained two pounds since my last visit, and my blood pressure is still good (107/68). The top of my uterus is at the right place for my timeline - simply put, the growth of the baby is good.

Other info...

I've been blessed by my doctor to take an over-the-counter prenatal vitamin rather than getting the prescription. She said they are the same... they just do the prescription because so many patients are on medicare and it will pay 100% for the prescription.

Also, I had this blood vessel burst in my leg a couple of weekends ago. I didn't bump into anything, but I noticed this pain in my leg and then the next day a bruise appeared. All I could think of was that I stood for several hours. The doctor said that was very possibly the cause since during pregnancy, blood vessels are generally dilated more than usual. Nothing to be concerned about.

I turned down the flu shot. Why get poked unnecessarily? I have the blood of Jesus to cover me and protect me from all diseases!

Finally, my next appointment is December 26th. It's hard to believe they will be working the day after Christmas. I'm so thankful for my job that gives me good holidays! What's great about going during the holiday is that Kris will be able to go with me (without having to take off from work). I can't wait for him to hear the heartbeat! They will not do the next ultrasound until the January visit - he will also go then so he can see the baby. What a milestone!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like this blogging idea. It's fun to hear the thoughts running around in your head!

I really like the updates on Baby's stats. Oh, and Mama's, too.

Yes, there's lots to consider regarding Baby's comfort and welfare, but we all know he/she has a heavenly Father who will supply all his/her needs. The main thing babies need in LOVE, and all our grandchildren will never lack that.

Let me know if I can "scout-shop" for you or tag along for the ride.

Oh, it was good to hear about all the girlfriends' new babies. So glad all the mamas, papas and babies are doing well.

Grandmama' Becca

Laura said...
This comment has been removed by the author.

Post a Comment