Thursday, November 09, 2006

More Info

Now that we're up and running, maybe a little background info is appropriate. Kris and I have been married for seven years. We knew we wanted at least one child, but also knew we didn't want one right away. Seven years seems like a long time, but it has flown by. We have enjoyed our time alone together. The freedom that comes with just being the two of us has been great. BUT - it's time to move on!

We found out we were pregnant at the end of September. I had a few warning signs, but nothing I took too seriously. I just decided to get a pregnancy test and see if my suspicions were right.

Let me back up and say that I'd always wanted to surprise Kris when telling him I was pregnant. I wanted to do something really cute and unexpected. But, that was not to be this time. He knew I got the test. There was no sneaking involved. The positive line was there immediately. No waiting two minutes and maybe a faint line was there - IT WAS POSITIVE! I ran downstairs and showed it to Kris... no fanfare, no surprises - just news.

Long story short... here we are a few weeks later and very excited. Last week, I had my second doctor's visit. I've not gained any weight (which I hear is good for the first several weeks), my blood pressure was good, my blood sugar level was normal (after chugging down 16 oz of Coke), the results from previous blood tests were normal, and I got to see the baby on an ultrasound. This was exciting to be sure; but I was sad that Kris was not there. They did not plan this ultrasound, so he was working. :( Fortunately, this baby is not camera-shy and gave us a sweet little pose (see yesterday's post)!

Now, I'm almost 12 weeks pregnant and feeling great. I've had no morning sickness; just a little fatigue. I'm already feeling like my clothes don't fit, so I'm on the hunt for maternity clothes. I've had a few comments from people that know I'm pregnant about the size of my tummy. It's really whatever I just ate poking out, but I figure that's part of the process. Even if I'm showing a little too early, I'm going to enjoy this pregnancy.

No comments:

Post a Comment