Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Crib Decision

I think this is probably tougher than picking a name - THE CRIB DECISION. So many questions flood my mind when I think about/shop for a crib. About the only thing I know is that I want a white one. There are so many options: drop side, non-drop side, two drop sides; how many mattress height adjustments; convertible vs. non-convertible; wheels vs. no wheels...

I've consoled myself in this: every first-time parent goes through this. I am not the first, nor will I be the last. I'm sure everyone has their own opinion and I don't mind hearing/reading them. I will find something that works for me and be satisfied with my choice.

I'm 13 weeks now, and still feeling good. My energy is returning, my bathroom visits are less frequent, my belly is getting bigger, my clothes are getting tighter, and the decisions are starting to feel almost overwhelming. I think that's pretty normal!

I heard from my friend in Alabama. Cooper Douglas was born Friday weighing 9 pounds and 2 ounces; 21 1/2 inches long! I am glad they are both doing well. Maybe I'll make a crib-shopping trip over that way and stop in to see her while I'm there.

No comments:

Post a Comment